About HUNT FOOT CARE, Your Local Foot Care & Orthotics Specialists
HUNT FOOTCARE is one of Southwestern Ontario’s leading providers of professional footcare, podiatric medicine and foot surgery consultation services. From the day we opened our first clinics have treated literally thousands of pairs of sore feet, suffering from conditions as diverse as heel pain, sports injuries, toenail & fungal infections, skin problems, diabetic feet and much more.
HUNT FOOTCARE: How We Began
Hunt Footcare has evolved over the years. Initially, J.Craig Hunt D.Ch. was recruited from Toronto to establish the first chiropody service at the then 900-bed teaching hospital St Joseph’s Health Centre in London, Ontario.
Hunt identifies Dr. N.W.Rodger, endocrinologist, Dr Ken Harris, vascular surgeon and the late Dr. Tom Phillips, orthopedic surgeon, with whom he had a joint foot clinic, as mentors to his early years of practice. All of these medical leaders lent support and guidance in the early years of the service.
From those early years the practice grew from the London office location of London Foot Specialists to include two additional practice locations in Stratford and Ingersoll. The London practice relocated to the Medical/Dental building on Wharncliffe Road North at Oxford.
- Family Practice Division Grand Rounds — St Joseph’s Health Centre, London Ontario
- Family Practice Day–Continuing Education, Faculty of Medicine University of Western Ontario
- International Aboriginal Diabetes Conference, Winnipeg , Manitoba
- Ontario Medical Association, Sports Medicine Conference- Biomechanics workshop session
- University of Western Ontario, Grand Rounds division of Geriatric Medicine.
- Clinical Diabetes Education, International Endocrinology Fellows
- Fowler Kennedy Sports Medicine continuing education day
- London Health Sciences Centre – Vascular Nurses Diabetes Continuing Education Day.
- Bata Shoe Museum, with Hon. E. Witmer, Min of Health and Sonja Bata–Importance of Foot Health
- Southwest Ontario Aboriginal Diabetes Centre
- St Joseph’s Health Centre, St Mary’s Campus London Ontario
- University Hospital, London Health Sciences Centre
- Chippewa of The Thames First Nation.
- Muncey First Nation, Health Canada, Muncey Ontario
- Clinical trials: Regranex Clinical Protocol.
- Parent Magazine
- CBC Radio
- Hospital News
- London Free Press
- CFPL TV
- CFPL Radio
- Women’s Health
Medical team Forrest City Marathon
He has participated in the Regranex clinical trials, and has been interviewed on numerous print publications, television and radio programs. In additional to his clinical practice he has volunteered for many committees and most recently holds the position of Chair, Government Relations for the professional association.
- Past President: College of Chiropodists of Ontario (regulatory body for podiatric medicine and podiatrists)
- Past President: Ontario Society of Chiropodists
- Member: Canadian Federation of Podiatric Medicine
- Member: Ontario Society of Chiropodists
- Member: Canadian Contemporary Medical Acupuncture Association
- Member: American Podiatric Medical Association
- Member: American Academy of Podiatric Sports Medicine.